Support for Apps
Instructions for our We-Reader Apps
- After showing the cover, the app opens in the book. It will open to the page you were last reading.
- Text is re-sized for iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch, but the pages remain the same, so scroll down to read each page. The text can be made larger or smaller to make it readable for your.
- Change page using the left (BACK) and right (NEXT) arrows.
- You can also change page through the index. This is accessed using the index button on the iPhone/iPod Touch On the iPad, the index can be accessed by rotating to landscape or by pressing the More button on the top bar. Find the page you want by scrolling through the index, and then press it to go to that page.
- To make notes, press the Journal button. This is the symbol on the top bar of the iPhone/iPod Touch. You can add new entries, review your entries by tapping them, or edit the order of entries in your journal (hit the Edit button and drag the entries into your preferred order, then hit Done.)
- To share your thoughts, hit the Community button. This is the symbol on the top bar of the iPhone/iPod Touch. If you are not logged in, you will be prompting to do so.
- You must first create an account which is unique to each app/book. Press Actions and select Log In or Create Account, then “Create New Account”. Select a Username of 8 characters or more, add your e-mail address and password, then hit submit. If you have submitted matching valid e-mail addresses, matching passwords and an untaken Username, and have a connection to the server, then your account will be created.
- You can now log in. You are automatically a member of the Common Community, where comments can be read by all users. If you wish to create a smaller Community to share comments amongst just that group, you can create this by hitting the Create button.
- Enter the e-mail addresses of those you wish to invite. Note that they MUST use this e-mail address when they create their accounts or they will not be granted access to the Community. When you have added all the members, hit Done. You must have a connection with the server at this time for the Community to be created. Now invite your friends!
- To share your thoughts with specific groups, you can select to read or write to each community by selecting it from the Community list and moving the “Read entries:” and “Write entries:” switches to on or off. If you are the organiser or creator of the Community, you can also select Edit Members in the top bar to add or remove members. To remove members, press Edit and hit the delete symbol against the appropriate member. Hit Done to save changes.
- Comments will be saved for the page on which you make them. This is intended to provoke debate about a particular aspect of the book. If you have comments about the book as a whole, we suggest you post them on Page 1. Remember, part of the We-Reader deal is writer involvement, so they see all the comments and can reply, whether that is into the Common Community or an individual Community.
If this fails to explain any of the features, or there are features you wish to see, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ON FORM ON THIS PAGE.
This is a new social reader and we REALLY want to get it right for you; please help us with your suggestions.
BlueWorks Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BlueWorks Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd April 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- email address.
- device type; TYPE only (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) not it’s specific device ID.
- that’s it; no address, phone number, age, sex, height, star sign or musical preferences.
What we do with the information we gather
We require your e-mail address to:
- create your unique user account.
- provide a means to reset your password.
- we may periodically send promotional emails about relevant new products, special offers or other information which we genuinely think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; we won’t just send you links to EVERYTHING we make!
- we will never contact you directly just for market research purposes; that kind of thing just really annoys us, so we aren’t going to do it to you!
We require your device type in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- knowing our target audience.
- prioritising product development.
- optimising the product.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the application.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to BlueWorks Ltd, 2 Wood Street, Bath, BA1 2JQ, England.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.